Want to know the best Anthony Quinn movies? How about the worst Anthony Quinn movies? Curious about Anthony Quinn’s box office grosses or which Anthony Quinn movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Anthony Quinn movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Anthony Quinn (1915-2001) was a Mexican-born American actor, painter and writer. He starred in numerous critically acclaimed and commercially successful films, including La Strada, The Guns of Navarone, Zorba the Greek, Guns for San Sebastian, Lawrence of Arabia, The Message and Lion of the Desert. He won two Best Supporting Actor Oscars®: for Viva Zapata! in 1952 and Lust for Life in 1956.
His IMDb page shows 168 acting credits from 1936-2002. This page ranks 90 Anthony Quinn movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos movies not released in North America and some of his movies that barely made a dent at the box office were not included in the rankings. (Hey Lyle….since this was your request….if you see a movie that needs to be added just let me know….and we will try and find the actual box office grosses for the missing movie.)
Anthony Quinn Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Anthony Quinn movies by co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Anthony Quinn movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Anthony Quinn movies by domestic box office rank
- Sort Anthony Quinn movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations each Anthony Quinn movie received and how many Oscar® wins each Anthony Quinn movie won.
- Sort Anthony Quinn movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the search and sort button to make this page very interactive.
UMR Co-Star Links
Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)
Oscar Nom / Win
R Movie (Year) UMR Co-Star Links Actual B.O. Domestic (mil) Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil) Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil) B.O. Rank by Year Review Oscar Nom / Win UMR Score S 1
Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
AA Best Picture Win
Peter O'Toole &
10 / 07
The Guns of Navarone (1961)
AA Best Picture Nom
Gregory Peck &
07 / 01
Road to Morocco (1942)
Bob Hope &
02 / 00
The Black Swan (1942)
Tyrone Power &
03 / 01
They Died with Their Boots On (1941)
Errol Flynn &
Olivia de Havilland
00 / 00
Blood and Sand (1941)
Tyrone Power &
02 / 01
Irish Eyes are Smiling (1944)
01 / 00
Zorba the Greek (1964)
AA Best Actor Nom
Lila Kedrova &
07 / 03
Guadalcanal Diary (1943)
00 / 00
Sinbad the Sailor (1947)
Maureen O'Hara &
Douglas Fairbanks Jr.
00 / 00
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Anthony Quinn Table
- Twenty-seven Anthony Quinn movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 30.00% of his movies listed. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) was his biggest box office hit.
- An average Anthony Quinn movie grosses $85.30 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 61 Anthony Quinn movies are rated as good movies…or 67.77% of his movies. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) is his highest rated movie while Ghosts Can’t Do It (1990) is his lowest rated movie.
- Twenty-one Anthony Quinn movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 23.33% of his movies.
- Nine Anthony Quinn movie won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 10.00% of his movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 46 Anthony Quinn movies scored higher that average….or 51.11 of his movies. Lawrence of Arabia (1962) got the the highest UMR Score while Ghosts Can’t Do It (1990) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Anthony Quinn
1. Anthony Quinn was born Antonio Rodolfo Quinn Oaxaca on April 21, 1915 in Chihuahua, Mexico during the Mexican Revolution
2. Before acting…..Anthony Quinn boxed professionally to earn money, then studied art and architecture under Frank Lloyd Wright. It was Wright’s suggestion that Quinn go after an acting career.
3. Anthony Quinn appeared in more movies with other Oscar-winning actors than any other Oscar-winning actor – a total of 46 Oscar®-winning co-stars (28 male, 18 female).
4. Anthony Quinn was nominated for four acting Oscars®. He won a Best Supporting Actor Oscars® for Viva Zapata! in 1952 and Lust for Life in 1956. He received two Best Actor Oscar® nominations for 1957’s Wild Is The Wind and 1964’s Zorba the Greek. Quinn was the first Mexican-American to win an Academy Award®.
5. Anthony Quinn only appeared on screen for a total of 23 minutes and 40 seconds in 1956’s Lust for Life. Though his screen time was short…..he did get an Oscar® for those 23 minutes.
6. Anthony Quinn was good friends with actress Maureen O’Hara, they starred together six times. The films are The Black Swan (1942), Buffalo Bill (1944), Sinbad, the Sailor (1947), Against All Flags (1952), The Magnificent Matador (1955) and Only the Lonely (1991).
7. Anthony Quinn was married 3 times. He had ten children. Quinn was married to Katharine DeMille from 1937-1965. That made Quinn the son-in-law of legendary director Cecil B. DeMille.
8. Anthony Quinn and two extremes. We have 25,103 movies in our database. Quinn’s Lawrence of Arabia (1962) is the 6th highest rated movie in our database. Meanwhile….coming in 25,101st (or 3rd worst) place is Quinn’s Ghosts Can’t Do It (1990).
Check out Anthony Quinn‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences. Golden Globe® is a registered trademark of the Hollywood Foreign Press.
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.
512 total views, 0 views today