Want to know the best Bryan Cranston movies? How about the worst Bryan Cranston movies? Curious about Bryan Cranston box office grosses or which Bryan Cranston movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Bryan Cranston movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Bryan Cranston (1956-) is an Oscar® nominated American actor. Cranston gained fame for his television work on three series: Seinfeld, Malcolm in the Middle and Breaking Bad. His movie career was taken off. For the last six years he has been appearing in more than 3 movies a year. His IMDb page shows 109 acting credits from 1968-2018. This page will rank 30 Bryan Cranston movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. His many television appearances and movies not released in North American theaters were not were not included in the rankings. This comes from a request made by Helakoski.
Bryan Cranston Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Bryan Cranston movies by co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Bryan Cranston movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Bryan Cranston movies by yearly domestic box office rank
- Sort Bryan Cranston movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations each Bryan Cranston movie received and how many Oscar® wins each Bryan Cranston movie won.
- Sort Bryan Cranston movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|Rank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Box Office Rank by Year||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|Saving Private Ryan (1998)||Tom Hanks & Matt Damon||$399.40||1st of 1998||88.00%||11 / 05||82.86|
|Argo (2012)||Ben Affleck & John Goodman||$147.80||22nd of 2012||87.00%||07 / 03||73.16|
|Little Miss Sunshine (2006)||Steve Carell & Alan Arkin||$78.70||51st of 2006||87.00%||04 / 02||58.14|
|Drive (2011)||Ryan Gosling & Albert Brooks||$38.00||92nd of 2011||85.00%||01 / 00||46.38|
|Ghost in the Shell (1996) Voice Role||Richard Epcar||$1.00||229th of 1996||84.00%||00 / 00||39.64|
|Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016) Voice Role||Dustin Hoffman||$143.50||23rd of 2016||81.50%||00 / 00||60.82|
|That Thing That You Do (1996)||Charlize Theron & Directed by Tom Hanks||$50.60||60th of 1996||79.50%||01 / 00||45.68|
|Contagion (2011)||Matt Damon & Kate Winslet||$82.50||45th of 2011||79.00%||00 / 00||50.51|
|The Lincoln Lawyer (2011)||Matthew McConaughey||$63.30||58th of 2011||79.00%||00 / 00||46.87|
|Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (2012) Voice Role||Ben Stiller & Jessica Chastain||$235.10||10th of 2012||74.00%||00 / 00||65.78|
|Trumbo (2015)||Helen Mirren & John Goodman||$7.40||134th of 2015||74.00%||01 / 00||42.12|
|Wings of Honneamise (1987) Voice Role||David Thomas||$0.10||257th of 1995||72.00%||00 / 00||33.86|
|Godzilla (2014)||Aaron Johnson||$212.50||13th of 2004||70.00%||00 / 00||63.90|
|Wakefield (2017)||Jennifer Garner||$0.30||Too Soon For Ranking||70.00%||00 / 00||32.95|
|The Infiltrator (2016)||Diane Kruger||$15.40||118th of 2016||69.50%||00 / 00||35.05|
|Detachment (2012)||James Caan & Adrien Brody||$0.10||383rd of 2012||67.00%||00 / 00||31.52|
|Amazon Women on the Moon (1987)||Michelle Pfeiffer & Carrie Fisher||$1.20||200th of 1987||60.50%||00 / 00||28.63|
|John Carter (2012)||Taylor Kitsch||$79.40||41st of 2012||60.00%||00 / 00||40.61|
|Cold Comes The Night (2013)||Alice Eve||$0.10||537th of 2014||55.00%||00 / 00||25.87|
|Illusion (2004)||Kirk Douglas||$0.01||534th of 2006||55.00%||00 / 00||25.85|
|Power Rangers (2017)||Elizabeth Banks||$85.40||Too Soon For Ranking||53.50%||00 / 00||38.38|
|Why Him? (2016)||James Franco||$60.30||54th of 2016||53.00%||00 / 00||34.26|
|Rock of Ages (2012)||Tom Cruise & Alec Baldwin||$41.90||93rd of 2012||52.50%||00 / 00||31.28|
|Clean Slate (1994)||Dana Carvey & James Earl Jones||$15.60||125th of 1994||52.00%||00 / 00||26.86|
|Seeing Other People (2004)||Jay Mohr||$0.10||366th of 2004||49.50%||00 / 00||23.28|
|Corporate Affairs (1990)||Peter Scolari||$2.10||190th of 1990||49.00%||00 / 00||23.36|
|Red Tails (2012)||Cuba Gooding, Jr.||$54.20||67th of 2012||48.50%||00 / 00||31.43|
|Larry Crowne (2011)||Tom Hanks & Julia Roberts||$38.80||90th of 2011||47.00%||00 / 00||28.16|
|Total Recall (2012)||Colin Farrell||$64.00||55th of 2012||46.00%||00 / 00||31.72|
|Love Ranch (2010)||Helen Mirren & Joe Pesci||$0.20||308th of 2010||34.00%||00 / 00||16.01|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Bryan Cranston Table
- Five Bryan Cranston movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 16.67% of his movies listed. Saving Private Ryan (1998) was easily his biggest box office hit when looking at adjusted domestic box office gross.
- An average Bryan Cranston movie grosses $64.00 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 18 Bryan Cranston movies are rated as good movies…or 60.00% of his movies. Saving Private Ryan (1998) is his highest rated movie while Love Ranch (2010) was his lowest rated movie.
- Six Bryan Cranston movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 20.00% of his movies.
- Three Bryan Cranston movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 10.00% of his movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 12 Bryan Cranston movies scored higher than that average….or 40.00% of his movies. Saving Private Ryan (1998) got the the highest UMR Score while Love Ranch (2010) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Bryan Cranston
1. Bryan Lee Cranston was born in Hollywood, California in 1956.
2. Bryan Cranston was an amateur boxer before concentrating on his acting career.
3. Bryan Cranston was an ordained minister when he was in college as a part-time job.
4. Bryan Cranston’s acting heroes are Dick Van Dyke, Jack Lemmon, Rod Steiger and Spencer Tracy.
5. Bryan Cranston has starred in three movies that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar®: 1998’s Saving Private Ryan, 2006’s Little Miss Sunshine and 2012’s Argo. Argo won.
6. Bryan Cranston has been married two times and has one child.
7. Bryan Cranston’s favorite movie is 1954’s On The Waterfront.
8. Bryan Cranston was named one of the “Eight Actors Who Turn Television into Art“. This was based on his 4 time Emmy® award winning role on Breaking Bad.
9. Bryan Cranston has appeared in both Tom Hanks directed movies: 1996’s That Thing That You Do and 2011’s Larry Crowne.
Check out Bryan Cranston’s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences. Golden Globe® and Emmy® are registered trademarks.