Want to know the best Cameron Diaz movies? How about the worst Cameron Diaz movies? Curious about Cameron Diaz’s box office grosses or which Cameron Diaz movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Cameron Diaz movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
As I continue to research a very time consuming Gary Cooper movie page, my movie page alarm clock kept telling me that it was past time for another movie page. So I went and thought of some of the requests I have received over the last month. So based on Sunshine625‘s suggestion, here comes a Cameron Diaz movie page.
At age 16, Cameron Diaz began a career as a fashion model. After modeling for such designers as Calvin Klein and Levi’s, she turned to acting at the age of 21. Diaz auditioned for the movie The Mask, even though she had no previous acting experience. After obtaining the main female role, she immediately started acting lessons. The Mask was a major hit, and put both Diaz and Jim Carrey on the map as major players in the Hollywood world. Since appearing in The Mask, she has appeared in numerous blockbuster hits (There’s Something About Mary, Charlie’s Angels, My Best Friend’s Wedding and the Shrek franchise) as well as critical hits (Being John Malkovich and Gangs of New York…both Oscar® nominees for Best Picture).
Her IMDb page shows 53 acting credits from 1992-2015. This page will rank 34 Cameron Diaz movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in North American theaters were not included in the rankings.
Cameron Diaz Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by billing order
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Cameron Diaz movie received.
- Sort Cameron Diaz movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|CreditRank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||S||UMR Score|
|CreditRank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||S||UMR Score|
|1||Shrek (2001)||Mike Myers &
|267.70||424.9||769.1||4||88||02 / 01||98.4|
|2||Shrek 2 (2004)||Mike Myers &
|441.20||637.3||1,328.7||1||83||02 / 00||97.2|
|4||Gangs of New York (2002)
AA Best Picture Nom
|Leonardo DiCaprio &
|77.80||120.3||299.7||34||77||10 / 00||95.5|
|3||There's Something About Mary (1998)||Ben Stiller||176.50||337.5||707.4||3||77||00 / 00||95.3|
|5||The Mask (1994)||Jim Carrey||119.90||263.7||773.0||9||68||01 / 00||93.6|
|6||My Best Friend's Wedding (1997)||Julia Roberts||127.10||248.4||584.9||8||63||01 / 00||92.9|
|7||Shrek Forever After (2010)||Mike Myers &
|238.70||271.4||855.6||8||63||00 / 00||91.6|
|8||Charlie's Angels (2000)||Drew Barrymore &
|125.30||208.5||439.5||14||60||00 / 00||90.5|
|9||Shrek the Third (2007)||Mike Myers &
|322.70||420.8||1,041.7||2||56||00 / 00||89.0|
|10||Vanilla Sky (2001)||Tom Cruise &
|100.60||159.7||322.9||20||53||01 / 00||82.8|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Two Cameron Diaz Tables
- Fourteen Cameron Diaz movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 41.11% of her movies listed. There’s Something About Mary (1998) is her biggest box office hit….two of the Shrek movies earned more but I am choosing to ignore those voice role movies.
- An average Cameron Diaz movie grosses $122.30 million in adjusted box office gross… Shrek movies are in the averages
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 13 of Cameron Diaz’s movies are rated as good movies…or 38.23% of her movies. Being John Malkovich (1999) is her highest rated movie while Feeling Minnesota (1996) was her lowest rated movie.
- Seven Cameron Diaz movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 20.58% of her movies.
- One Cameron Diaz movie (Shrek) won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 2.94% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score Score is 40.00. 17 Cameron Diaz movies scored higher that average….or 50.00% of her movies. There’s Something About Mary (1998) got the the highest UMR Score while Feeling Minnesota (1996) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Cameron Diaz.
1. Cameron Diaz has a reputation for being late and is very superstitious.
2. Cameron Diaz has been nominated for a Golden Globe® for acting 4 times in her career….those movies were There’s Something About Mary, Being John Malkovich, Gangs of New York and Vanilla Sky.
3. Diaz broke her nose in a surfing accident in Hawaii on her birthday in 2003.
4. Became only the second actress to join the coveted $20 Million Club (after Julia Roberts), when she signed for that amount to do Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle.
5. Was discovered by a photographer at a Hollywood party who, within a week, helped her land a contract with the Elite Modeling Agency.
6. Movie roles Cameron Diaz turned down…..Almost Famous, Chicago, Hannibal, American Psycho, Jerry Maguire, Bridget Jone’s Diary and Enchanted.
7. In 2010 Forbes magazine ranked Cameron Diaz as the richest Hispanice female celebrity, ranking number 60 among the wealthiest 100.
8. Check out Cameron Diaz‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
20428 Page Views
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.
1,309 total views, 0 views today