Want to know the best Charlie Sheen movies? How about the worst Charlie Sheen movies? Curious about Charlie Sheen’s box office grosses or which Charlie Sheen movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Charlie Sheen movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
A few years ago Sunshine625 requested a movie page that ranked all of the Sheen family’s movies. So I put them all on one huge movie page. It turned out well but it was probably a little too long….and the Google search gods never liked the page….so the views were pretty bad. Well now that we are moving to a new website….I figured I give each Sheen/Estevez their very own page. Their new individual links….Emilio Estevez, Charlie Sheen and Martin Sheen.
Charlie Sheen (1965-) is an actor who now mainly appears on television shows but has starred in over 30 movies as well. His IMDb page shows 79 acting credits from 1973-2015. This page will rank 33 Charlie Sheen movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in theaters were not included in the rankings.
Charlie Sheen Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Charlie Sheen movies by co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Charlie Sheen movies by actual domestic box office grosses
- Sort Charlie Sheen movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Charlie Sheen movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Charlie Sheen movie received.
- Sort Charlie Sheen movies by Cogerson Movie Score. Cogerson Movie Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- *** Movie Directed by Charlie Sheen
- Use the search button and sort button to make this table very interactive.
|Movie (Year)||Co-Star||Actual Box Office (Millions)||Adjusted Domestic Box Office (Millions)||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||Cogerson Movie Score|
|Platoon (1986)||Johnny Depp||$138.53||$302.90||84.0%||08 / 04||79.72|
|Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986)||Matthew Broderick||$70.14||$153.50||81.5%||00 / 00||58.04|
|Major League (1989)||Wesley Snipes||$49.80||$101.50||77.0%||00 / 00||53.16|
|Hot Shots! (1991)||Cary Elwes||$69.47||$134.00||59.5%||00 / 00||52.31|
|Wall Street (1987)||Michael Douglas||$43.85||$90.90||75.5%||01 / 01||47.43|
|Scary Movie 3 (2003)||Anna Faris||$110.00||$147.80||44.5%||00 / 00||47.09|
|Red Dawn (1984)||Patrick Swayze||$38.38||$92.60||57.0%||00 / 00||42.06|
|Young Guns (1988)||Emilio Estevez||$45.66||$90.10||53.0%||00 / 00||41.22|
|The Three Musketeers (1993)||Keifer Sutherland||$53.90||$105.60||45.0%||00 / 00||40.84|
|Being John Malkovich (1999)||John Cusack||$22.86||$36.50||85.5%||03 / 00||38.12|
|Hot Shots! Part Deux (1993)||Lloyd Bridges||$38.92||$76.30||61.5%||00 / 00||37.97|
|Money Talks (1997)||Chris Tucker||$40.92||$72.30||37.0%||00 / 00||30.26|
|Eight Men Out (1988)||John Cusack||$5.68||$11.40||79.0%||00 / 00||28.13|
|The Arrival (1996)||Lindsay Crouse||$14.06||$26.00||62.5%||00 / 00||27.44|
|Major League II (1994)||Tom Berenger||$30.63||$60.90||27.5%||00 / 00||26.21|
|Lucas (1986)||Corey Haim||$8.20||$17.90||67.5%||00 / 00||25.50|
|The Rookie (1990)||Clint Eastwood||$21.63||$41.40||47.3%||00 / 00||24.94|
|Men at Work (1990)||Emilio Estevez||$16.25||$30.90||43.5%||00 / 00||22.27|
|Navy Seals (1990)||Michael Biehn||$25.07||$47.90||35.5%||00 / 00||21.86|
|Terminal Velocity (1994)||Nastassja Kinski||$16.49||$32.50||33.5%||00 / 00||19.85|
|No Man's Land (1987)||D.B. Sweeney||$2.88||$5.70||53.5%||00 / 00||19.34|
|Courage Mountain (1990)||Juliette Caton||$1.39||$2.40||56.5%||00 / 00||19.15|
|Cadence (1991)||Martin Sheen||$2.07||$4.10||52.0%||00 / 00||19.02|
|Machete Kills (2013)||Mel Gibson||$8.01||$8.10||47.0%||00 / 00||18.64|
|The Chase (1994)||Kristy Swanson||$7.92||$15.40||42.0%||00 / 00||18.04|
|Scary Movie 5 (2013)||Simon Rex||$31.37||$31.70||21.5%||00 / 00||16.81|
|Wisdom (1987)||Demi Moore||$5.72||$12.20||44.0%||00 / 00||16.80|
|Three for the Road (1987)||Kerri Green||$1.54||$3.20||47.5%||00 / 00||16.28|
|The Wraith (1986)||Nick Cassavetes||$3.50||$7.30||42.0%||00 / 00||15.87|
|The Big Bounce (2004)||Owen Wilson||$6.49||$8.10||32.0%||00 / 00||12.13|
|A Glimpse Inside the Mind of Charles Swan III (2013)||Bill Murray||$0.05||$0.06||32.0%||00 / 00||10.61|
|Shadow Conspiracy (1997)||Donald Sutherland||$2.31||$4.10||29.0%||00 / 00||10.44|
|Deadfall (1993)||Nicolas Cage||$0.02||$.04||19.5%||00 / 00||6.50|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Charlie Sheen Table
- Six Charlie Sheen movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 18.18% of his movies listed. Platoon (1986) is his biggest box office hit.
- An average Charlie Sheen movie grosses $53.80 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 9 of Charlie Sheen’s movies are rated as good movies…or 27.27% of his movies. Being John Malkovich (1999) his highest rated movie while Deadfall (1993) was his lowest rated movie.
- Three Charlie Sheen movie received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 9.09% of his movies.
- Two Charlie Sheen movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 6.06% of his movies.
- An average Cogerson Movie Score is 39.86. 10 Charlie Sheen movies scored higher than that average….or 30.30% of his movies. Platoon (1986) got the the highest Cogerson Movie Score while Deadfall (1993) got the lowest Cogerson Movie Score.
10 Possibly Interesting Facts About the Sheen/Estevez Family
1. Ramon Estevez came up with his screen name Charlie Sheen, by using the name of a casting director that gave him his first big break, Robert Martin, with a televangelist archbishop that he admired, Fulton J. Sheen.
2. Three of Charlie Sheen’s acting children kept the family name, while Carlos became Charlie Sheen.
3. The Sheen/Estevez acting family has appeared in three Best Picture Oscar® winners…..those movies are 1982’s Gandhi, 1986’s Platoon and 2006’s The Departed. The Sheen/Estevez acting family has also starred in the two greatest Vietnam movies ever: Apocalypse Now and Platoon.
4. The Sheen/Estevez acting family has appeared in three Stephen King novels turned into movies…those movies are 1983’s The Dead Zone, 1984’s Firestarter and 1986’s Maximum Overdrive.
5. Charlie Sheen has never been nominated for an Oscar®…but does have one Golden Globe® nomination for Best Supporting Actor in 1968’s The Subject Was Roses. On the TV side he has 7 Golden Globe® nominations with one win and 10 Emmy® nominations with one win. Charlie Sheen also is without an Oscar® nomination. He has starred in three television programs. He won a Golden Globe® for Spin City and received 2 Golden Globe® nominations and 4 Emmy® nominations for Two and Half Men. His current show is called Anger Management.
6. Charlie Sheen has moved from acting in movies to directing movies over the last decade. He has directed 5 motion pictures so far. This includes directing his dad in 2010’s The Way which got Charlie Sheen excellent reviews.
7. Charlie Sheen was an original member of the 1980’s Brat Pack. As a child he was friends with Rob Lowe, Sean Penn, and Chris Penn. They would regularly make movies using a movie camera….I bet those would be interesting to see.
8. Not to exclude the other Estevez actors…..Ramon Estevez has 19 acting credits on IMDB….his next project is called Whispers. Renee Estevez has 43 acting credits on IMDB…her last project was The Way which starred Martin and was directed by Emilio.
9. Projects that were turned down or seriously considered for: Charlie Sheen was in the running to play Michael in The Godfather, Al Pacino got the part and screen history. Charlie Sheen was signed to play the lead role in Platoon….but a two year delay in production meant Charlie Sheen got the role. Charlie Sheen was considered for the Tom Cruise role in Born on the Fourth of July.
10. The Sheens/Estevezs have worked together in many many projects….some of the most successful collarborations were: Martin and Charlie played father and son in the Oscar® winning movie Wall Street, Charlie and Emilio both appeared in Young Guns which is one of their bigger box office hits. Martin appeared in the Golden Globe® Best Picture nominee Bobby which was directed by Emilio Estevez.
Check out Charlie Sheen’s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.