Want to know the best Edward Norton movies? How about the worst Edward Norton movies? Curious about Edward Norton’s box office grosses or which Edward Norton movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Edward Norton movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Edward Norton (1969-) is an American actor, writer and director. He has been nominated for three Oscars® for his performances in Primal Fear, American History X and Birdman. His IMDb page shows 33 acting credits from 1994-2015. This page will rank 24 Edward Norton movies from Best to Worst in five different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in theaters were not included in the rankings.
Two of Norton’s greatest acting performances, American History X and Fight Club did not perform very well at the box office and have lower scores because of that fact. Some people might say my formula gives too much weight to box office results…..but ultimately the reason a movie gets made is for the producers/studios to make money and preferably a lot of money.
Edward Norton Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort by Edward Norton’s co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Edward Norton movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Edward Norton movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Edward Norton movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Edward Norton movie received.
- Sort Edward Norton movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|CreditRank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||S||UMR Score|
|CreditRank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||S||UMR Score|
|1||Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014)
AA Best Picture Win
AA Best Supp Actor Nom
|Michael Keaton &
|42.30||46.5||113.3||81||91||09 / 04||96.4|
|2||The Grand Budapest Hotel (2014)
AA Best Picture Nom
|Bill Murray &
Directed by Wes Anderson
|59.30||65.1||191.9||57||90||09 / 04||96.3|
|3||The Incredible Hulk (2008)||Liv Tyler||134.80||168.4||329.1||18||68||00 / 00||90.0|
|4||The Italian Job (2003)||Charlize Theron &
|106.10||157.9||261.9||24||72||00 / 00||89.8|
|5||Red Dragon (2002)||Anthony Hopkins||93.10||144.1||323.5||28||69||00 / 00||87.5|
|6||Moonrise Kingdom (2012)||Bruce Willis &
|45.50||51.3||76.9||71||90||01 / 00||84.7|
|8||The Bourne Legacy (2012)||Jeremy Renner||113.20||127.6||311.2||29||65||00 / 00||83.3|
|7||The Score (2001)||Robert DeNiro &
|71.10||112.9||180.3||33||71||00 / 00||83.3|
|9||Primal Fear (1996)
AA Best Supp Actor Nom
|Richard Gere||56.10||113.9||208.3||27||68||01 / 00||82.7|
|10||Sausage Party (2016)||Seth Rogen||97.70||101.3||145.9||32||73||00 / 00||82.3|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Edward Norton Table
- Six Edward Norton movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 23.07% of his movies listed. The Incredible Hulk (2008) is his biggest box office hit.
- An average Edward Norton movie grosses $56.30 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 21 of Edward Norton’s movies are rated as good movies…or 80.76% of his movies. Birdman (2014) is his highest rated movie while Collateral Beauty (2016) is his lowest rated movie.
- Seven Edward Norton movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 26.92% of his movies.
- Two Edward Norton movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 7.69% of his movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 16 Edward Norton movies scored higher that average….or 61.53% of his movies. Birdman (2014) got the the highest UMR Score while Collateral Beauty (2016) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Edward Norton
1. This page was suggested by a big Edward Norton fan from the great state of Alaska….hope you are happy now…sorry for the delay.
2. Edward Norton was born in Boston and raised in Maryland.
3. Talk about a strong start to a movie career…..Edward Norton got an Oscar® nomination and won a Golden Globe® for Best Supporting Actor in 1996’s Primal Fear….all for the very first movie in his career.
4. Edward Norton’s been married one (2012-) time and has one child.
5. David Fincher picked Edward Norton for Fight Club based on how much he liked Norton’s supporting role in The People vs Larry Flynt.
6. Edward Norton’s favorite movies are: 1998’s The Cruise, 1982’s The King of Comedy, 1986’s Tampopo, 1966’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf and 1935’s Ruggles of Red Gap. I have not even heard of two of these movies.
7. Edward Norton turned down or was seriously considered for the following roles: The Avengers, American Psycho, Bringing Out The Dead, Man On The Moon, The Devil’s Advocate, Hulk, Hart’s War, Daredevil, Saving Private Ryan and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.
8. Edward Norton and the Hulk. Norton is a huge Hulk fan. He was approached to play the Hulk in 2003…but passed and the role went to Eric Bana. When the Hulk was pretty much hated by everyone, the franchise was rebooted. Norton took over the role in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and signed on for The Avengers as well. Creative differences caused Norton to leave the role after making The Incredible Hulk. Mark Ruffalo picked up the role for The Avengers as well as The Avengers 2….. coming next year.
9. For his role in Fight Club…Norton learned how to make soap, took basic lessons in boxing, taekwondo and grappling, and also studied hours of UFC programming. Not to mention lose almost 20 pounds…..most was gained for his role in American History X.
10. Meryl Streep = queen of accents, Bruce Willis = king of movies with numbers in the title, Chris Evans = comic book role champion, Rachael McAdams = princess of time travel movies, then Edward Norton = prince of dual personality movies.
Check out Edward Norton‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
If you do a comment….please ignore the email address and website section.
783 total views, 0 views today