Want to know the best Elvis Presley movies? How about the worst Elvis Presley movies? Curious about Elvis Presley box office grosses or which Elvis Presley movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Elvis Presley movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences…and which Elvis movie got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place …. because we have all of that information.
Elvis Presley (1935-1977) the singer was the “King of Rock and Roll”. The “King” has sold over 2.5 billion in worldwide records. Following in the footsteps of Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra, Presley went from singing to acting in movies. Elvis Presley’s first number one song, Heartbreak Hotel, was released in January 1956. By the end of 1957 he had appeared in three movies (Love Me Tender, Loving You, and Jailhouse Rock) and they were all box office hits. After Presley finished filming King Creole he was drafted. He would return to movies with G.I. Blues in 1960. For the rest of the 1960s he averaged nearly three movies a year.
When looking at his IMDb page you find some pretty interesting Elvis Presley credits. Presley has 31 acting credits. His music has been featured in 397 movies and television shows. And he appeared as himself in 23 projects…including many documentaries. This page will rank 31 Elvis Presley movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in theaters were not included in the rankings….I did include two of his most famous documentaries in the rankings.
Elvis Presley Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort by Elvis Presley movie titles…link takes you to that movie’s trailer
- Sort by Elvis Presley’s co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Elvis Presley movies by actual domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Elvis Presley movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Elvis Presley movies by movie’s domestic yearly box office rank
- Sort Elvis Presley movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort Elvis Presley movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|1||Jailhouse Rock (1957)||Judy Taylor||11.10||172.1||172.10||12||71||00 / 00||91.5|
|2||Love Me Tender (1956)||Richard Egan||12.00||188.7||188.70||21||60||00 / 00||89.7|
|3||Loving You (1957)||Lizabeth Scott||10.60||163.3||163.30||16||66||00 / 00||88.6|
|4||Viva Las Vegas (1964)||Ann-Margret||14.70||135.5||135.50||10||72||00 / 00||87.5|
|5||G.I. Blues (1960)||Juliet Prowse||12.30||154.0||154.00||16||65||00 / 00||87.3|
|6||Blue Hawaii (1961)||Angela Lansbury||13.40||157.0||157.00||11||64||00 / 00||87.2|
|7||King Creole (1958)||Walter Matthau||3.40||49.4||49.40||62||79||00 / 00||76.4|
|8||Flaming Star (1960)||Barbara Eden||5.70||71.6||71.60||48||72||00 / 00||76.2|
|9||Follow That Dream (1962)||Arthur O'Connell||7.70||89.0||89.00||30||66||00 / 00||76.0|
|10||Girl Happy (1965)||Shelly Fabares||8.60||72.8||72.80||34||65||00 / 00||70.3|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Elvis Presley Table
- Seven Elvis Presley movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 21.21% of his movies listed. Love Me Tender (1956) was his biggest box office hit.
- An average Elvis Presley movie grosses $68.70 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 14 of Elvis Presley’s movies are rated as good movies…or 42.42% of his movies. King Creole (1958) is his highest rated movie* while Change of Habit (1969) was his lowest rated movie. *Documentaries excluded.
- Zero Elvis Presley movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 0.00% of his movies.
- A “good movie” Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 60. 12 Elvis Presley movies scored higher that average….or 36.36% of his movies. Jailhouse Rock (1957) got the the highest UMR Score while Change of Habit (1969) got the lowest UMR Score.
If you do a comment….please ignore the email address and website section.
2,536 total views, 0 views today