Want to know the best Grace Kelly movies? How about the worst Grace Kelly movies? Curious about Grace Kelly’s box office grosses or which Grace Kelly movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Grace Kelly movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which movie got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
On America Film Institute’s list of the Greatest American Screen Legends, Grace Kelly is listed as the 13th greatest actress. I think the most amazing thing of that accomplishment is the fact that her film career only lasted 5 years and only produced 11 movies. Even she only appeared in 11 movies she still managed to have many all great movies on her resume.
Her IMDb page shows 30 acting credits from 1950-1956. This page will rank 11 Grace Kelly movies from Best to Worst in seven different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that received limited North America releases were not included in the rankings.
Grace Kelly Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about ther table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Grace Kelly movies by the co-stars of her movies.
- Sort Grace Kelly movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in milllions)
- Sort Grace Kelly movies by their yearly box office rank
- Sort Grace Kelly movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Grace Kelly movie received.
- Sort Grace Kelly movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|Rank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adjusted B.O. Domestic (mil)||Box Office Rank by Year||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|The Country Girl (1954)||Bing Crosby & William Holden||$361.30||6th of 1955||77.00%||07 / 02||83.44|
|Rear Window (1954)||James Stewart & Directed by Alfred Hitchcock||$441.80||5th of 1954||94.00%||04 / 00||76.78|
|To Catch a Thief (1955)||Cary Grant & Directed by Alfred Hitchcock||$208.40||20th of 1955||84.67%||03 / 01||72.59|
|High Noon (1952)||Gary Cooper||$144.80||8th of 1952||89.00%||07 / 04||72.35|
|Mogambo (1953)||Clark Gable & Ava Gardner||$194.80||8th of 1953||67.67%||02 / 00||68.54|
|Dial M for Murder (1954)||Ray Milland & Directed by Alfred Hitchcock||$183.30||32nd of 1954||83.67%||00 / 00||67.73|
|The Bridges of Toko-Ri (1954)||William Holden & Mickey Rooney||$261.80||14th of 1955||73.00%||02 / 01||66.71|
|High Society (1956)||Bing Crosby & Frank Sinatra||$257.40||4th of 1956||74.00%||02 / 00||66.58|
|The Swan (1956)||Alec Guinness & Louis Jourdan||$83.20||53rd of 1956||63.50%||00 / 00||42.74|
|Fourteen Hours (1951)||Paul Douglas & Barbara Bel Geddes||$33.70||156th of 1951||78.00%||01 / 00||42.28|
|Green Fire (1954)||Stewart Gramger & Paul Douglas||$99.50||53rd of 1954||45.00%||00 / 00||36.57|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Grace Kelly Table
- Nine Grace Kelly movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 81.81% of her movies listed. Rear Window (1954) was her biggest box office hit.
- An average Grace Kelly movie grossed $206.68 million in adjusted box office gross
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 10 of Grace Kelly’s movies are rated as good movies…or 90.90% of her movies. Rear Window (1954) is her highest rated movie while Green Fire (1954) was her lowest rated movie.
- Eight Grace Kelly movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 72.72% of her movies.
- Four Grace Kelly movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 36.36% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 10 Grace Kelly movies scored higher that average….or 90.90% of her movies. The Country Girl (1954) got the the highest UMR Score while Green Fire (1954) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Grace Kelly
1. Grace Patricia Kelly (1929-1982) was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
2. After some successful television appearances, Grace Kelly appeared in her first movie…. 1951’s Fourteen Hours. Although her performance in Fourteen Hours did not get much notice, she did attract the atttention of producer Stanley Kramer. Kramer hired Grace Kelly for the classic western, 1952’s High Noon which won Gary Cooper his second Oscar®.
3. After High Noon’s success, Grace Kelly became a hot commodity in Hollywood. Over the next 4 years she would appear in 9 more movies. Her third movie was 1953’s Mogambo with Clark Gable. Kelly would receive her first Oscar® nomination for Mogambo.
4. 1954 was a huge year for Grace Kelly as she made 5 of her 11 movies that year. First up was the her first of three movies with Alfred Hitchcock….Dial M For Murder. After Dial M For Murder….Hitchcock and Kelly moved to Rear Window. Rear Window is one of the best movies ever made. After Rear Window, Grace Kelly filmed The Country Girl starring Bing Crosby and William Holden. Kelly would win the Oscar® for Best Actress for her Country Girl role. Her fourth movie was the forgotten Green Fire, but her fifth movie of 1954 would reunite her with William Holden in the blockbuster The Bridges at Toko-Ri.
5. In 1955 she would only make one movie, but it was the classic film, To Catch A Thief. To Catch A Thief was her third movie with Alfred Hitchcock as the director but her first and only time she co-starred with Cary Grant. To Catch A Thief is my favorite Grace Kelly movie, although Rear Window is pretty close as well.
6. In 1956 she would make her last two movies…The Swan.…and her final movie High Society which co-starred Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra….and then her movie career was over….so what happened?
7. What happened was Prince Rainier III of Morocco. After a secret courtship that started at the 1955 Cannes Film Festival, Prince Rainier and Grace Kelly fell in love and became engaged. On April 4, 1956 they got married and thus Grace Kelly’s movie career came to an immediate halt. Princess Grace had three children with Prince Rainier….those child were Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie.
8. In 1981 Prince Rainier and Princess Grace celebrated their 25th wedding anniversary. In 1982 Princess Grace while driving a car, had a stroke and crashed the car. The combination of the car crash and the stroke proved to be too much to overcome. She passed away at the age 52, one day before she would have turned 53.
Check out Grace Kelly‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
If you do a comment….please ignore the email address and website section.