Want to know the best Keanu Reeves movies? How about the worst Keanu Reeves movies? Curious about Keanu Reeves’ box office grosses or which Keanu Reeves movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Keanu Reeves movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Since we started up this website in March of 2015 we have tried to publish a new movie page every three or four days….rotating between classic performers and current performers. Well Monday… we published a page on Anthony Perkins so it was time to do a current performer. So I looked in my request notebook and saw many classic performers but only Elizabeth Banks in the current performer request list. Well as I was trying to decide if I should do a Banks page or not….we got word that the matriarch of my wife’s family was not doing so well and an emergency trip to Alabama was required this weekend. So while frantically packing for our 1600 mile weekend trip I decided I would have to pick somebody that I already had most of their movies in my database already. A quick check showed that I already had 37 of Keanu Reeves’ movies in my database. So with that knowledge…we are ready for our next movie page…..sorry Elizabeth Banks….at this time we are looking at the movie career of Keanu Reeves.
Keanu Reeves’ IMDb page shows 83 acting credits from 1984-2017. This page will rank 45 Keanu Reeves movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. His cameos, television roles, shorts, and straight to DVD movies were not included in the rankings.
Keanu Reeves Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort by Keanu Reeves’ co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Keanu Reeves movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost…(in millions)
- Sort Keanu Reeves movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost…(in millions)
- Sort Keanu Reeves movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Keanu Reeves movie received.
- Sort Keanu Reeves movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the sort and search buttons to make this table very interactive
|Rank||Movie (Year)||Co-Stars||Adjusted B.O. Domestic (mils.)||Adjusted B.O. Worldwide (mils.)||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|The Matrix (1999)||Laurence Fishburne & Carrie-Anne Moss||$285.70||$772.20||87.0%||04 / 04||75.89|
|Speed (1994)||Sandra Bullock & Dennis Hooper||$250.50||$724.20||81.0%||03 / 02||71.47|
|Parenthood (1989)||Steve Martin & Joaquin Phoenix||$212.40||$268.00||81.0%||02 / 00||69.87|
|Bram Stoker's Dracula (1992)||Anthony Hopkins & Gary Oldman||$167.60||$438.40||77.5%||04 / 03||65.96|
|The Matrix ReLoaded (2003)||Laurence Fishburne & Carrie-Anne Moss||$393.60||$1037.80||72.5%||00 / 00||65.07|
|Something's Gotta Give (2003)||Jack Nicholson & Diane Keaton||$174.40||$372.60||69.5%||01 / 00||60.22|
|Dangerous Liaisons (1988)||Glenn Close & John Malkovich||$71.10||$71.10||85.0%||07 / 03||57.71|
|The Matrix Revolutions (2003)||Laurence Fishburne & Carrie-Anne Moss||$194.80||$597.70||50.5%||00 / 00||53.96|
|Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (1989)||Alex Winter||$86.00||$86.00||74.0%||00 / 00||48.18|
|The Devil's Advocate (1997)||Al Pacino & Charlize Theron||$111.90||$280.70||65.0%||00 / 00||47.83|
|Point Break (1991)||Patrick Swayze & Gary Busey||$86.50||$167.70||70.0%||00 / 00||46.13|
|John Wick (2014)||Ian McShane & Willem Dafoe||$44.40||$81.80||82.5%||00 / 00||45.94|
|John Wick: Chapter 2 (2017) Early reviews & first weekend b.o. only||Ian McShane||$29.00||$29.00||88.0%||00 / 00||48.86|
|Much Ado About Nothing (1993)||Denzel Washington & Michael Keaton||$45.90||$45.50||82.5%||00 / 00||45.74|
|Constantine (2005)||Shia LaBeouf & Rachel Weisz||$100.10||$304.30||56.5%||00 / 00||42.07|
|A Walk in the Clouds (1995)||Anthony Quinn & |
|$96.90||$96.90||54.0%||00 / 00||40.42|
|Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey (1991)||Alex Winter & William Sadler||$76.20||$75.90||59.5%||00 / 00||39.89|
|River's Edge (1987)||Dennis Hooper & Crispin Glover||$9.90||$9.90||79.0%||00 / 00||38.66|
|My Own Private Idaho (1991)||River Phoenix & James Russo||$12.80||$12.60||76.0%||00 / 00||37.70|
|The Replacements (2000)||Gene Hackman||$70.00||$78.40||51.5%||00 / 00||35.03|
|The Lake House (2006)||Sandra Bullock & Christopher Plummer||$67.00||$147.50||52.0%||00 / 00||34.74|
|A Scanner Darkly (2006)||Robert Downey Jr. & Woody Harrelson||$7.00||$9.20||69.5%||00 / 00||33.81|
|The Watcher (2000)||James Spader & Marisa Tomei||$45.30||$74.20||55.0%||00 / 00||33.64|
|I Love You to Death (1990)||William Hurt & River Phoenix||$32.30||$32.00||60.0%||00 / 00||33.21|
|Hardball (2001)||Diane Lane & John Hawkes||$60.00||$65.80||49.0%||00 / 00||33.03|
|The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)||Jennifer Connelly & Kathy Bates||$93.20||$274.00||38.0%||00 / 00||32.84|
|Thumbsucker (2005)||Vince Vaughn & Tilda Swinton||$1.80||$2.50||68.5%||00 / 00||32.49|
|The Private Lives of Pippa Lee (2009)||Julianne Moore & Robin Wright||$0.40||$2.50||66.5%||00 / 00||31.32|
|Little Buddha (1994)||Bridget Fonda & Chris Isaak||$10.00||$10.10||62.5%||00 / 00||30.99|
|Man of Tai Chi (2013)||Tiger Hu Chen & Karen Mok||$0.10||$0.10||65.5%||00 / 00||30.80|
|Street Kings (2008)||Chris Evans & Jay Mohr||$31.00||$77.60||52.0%||00 / 00||29.59|
|The Neon Demon (2016)||Elle Fanning||$1.33||$1.33||59.5%||00 / 00||28.40|
|Permanent Record (1988)||Pamela Gidley & Lou Reed||$3.90||$3.90||56.5%||00 / 00||27.16|
|Tune in Tomorrow (1990)||Barbara Hershey & Peter Falk||$3.60||$3.60||53.5%||00 / 00||25.70|
|Sweet November (2001)||Charlize Theron||$37.70||$98.60||40.0%||00 / 00||24.71|
|The Prince of Pennsylvania (1988)||Fred Ward & Amy Madigan||$0.01||$0.01||52.5%||00 / 00||24.67|
|47 Ronin (2013)||Hiroyuki Sanada||$39.80||$155.90||39.0%||00 / 00||24.41|
|The Last Time I Committed Suicide (1997)||Thomas Jane & Adrien Brody||$0.10||$0.10||51.5%||00 / 00||24.22|
|Henry's Crime (2011)||James Caan & Vera Farmiga||$0.10||$0.10||50.0%||00 / 00||23.53|
|Johnny Mnemonic (1995)||Dolph Lundgren & Dina Meyer||$37.00||$102.00||34.5%||00 / 00||21.94|
|Chain Reaction (1996)||Morgan Freeman||$40.50||$114.70||33.0%||00 / 00||21.84|
|The Gift (2000)||Cate Blanchett & Katie Holmes||$18.80||$69.10||38.5%||00 / 00||21.01|
|Knock Knock (2015)||Ana de Armas||$0.01||$0.01||42.0%||00 / 00||19.76|
|Feeling Minnesota (1996)||Cameron Diaz & Delroy Lindo||$6.00||$6.00||34.5%||00 / 00||17.20|
|Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1994)||Uma Thurman & Pat Morita||$3.50||$3.50||32.0%||00 / 00||15.65|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Keanu Reeves Table
- Nine Keanu Reeves movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 20.45% of his movies listed. The Matrix ReLoaded (2003) is his biggest hit.
- An average Keanu Reeves movie earned $68.90 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 20 of Keanu Reeves movies are rated as good movies…or 45.45% of his movies. The Matrix (1999) is his highest rated movie while Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1994) is his lowest rated movie.
- Six Keanu Reeves movies have been nominated for at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…or 13.63 of his movies
- Four Keanu Reeves movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 9.09% of his movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 15 Keanu Reeves movies scored higher that average….or 34.09% of his movies. The Matrix (1999) got the the highest UMR Score while Even Cowgirls Get the Blues (1994) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Keanu Reeves
1. Keanu Reeves was born in Beirut, Lebanon in 1964. His name in Hawaiian (his dad is from Hawaii) means “cool breeze over the mountain”.
2. Keanu Reeves path to stardom…Cliff Notes style. Reeves started his acting career at the age of 9 in the play Damn Yankees in Canada. At 20 he appeared in his first blink and you might miss him movie…1984’s Youngblood (filmed in Canada). After Youngblood he drove to Los Angeles to give Hollywood a shot. After some more brief parts and television parts he got the lead role in 1989’s Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure….and the rest as they say is history.
3. Since 1991, Keanu Reeves has been in the grunge band, Dogstar. He plays the bass guitar.
4. Keanu Reeves was ranked 23rd in Empire magazine’s “The Top 100 Movie Stars of All Time” list.
5. Keanu Reeves and sports movies. His first ever screen appearance was playing a goalie in Youngblood (1984). He has played quarterbacks in two movies….Point Break (1991) and The Replacements (2000). He played a baseball coach in Hardball (2001). Football scouts have said his throwing motion in Point Break was the worst one they had ever seen.
6. Keanu Reeves’ Matrix trilogy grossed over $2.31 BILLION in adjusted worldwide box office gross.
7. Keanu Reeves says his acting style is most influenced by Peter O’Toole.
8. Roles turned down by Keanu Reeves or he was seriously considered for: Heat (Val Kilmer part) Platoon (Charlie Sheen part), Speed Racer (Matthew Fox part), Bowfinger (Eddie Murphy part), X-Men (Hugh Jackman part), and Enchanted (Patrick Dempsey part).
9. In 2014 Keanu Reeves starred in John Wick. This was actually somewhat of a comeback for Reeves as it had been awhile since he had starred in a movie that was liked. Well it has been announced that John Wick 2 is coming….as well as a possible third Bill and Ted movie.
10. Check out Keanu Reeves‘ career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
If you do a comment….please ignore the email address and website section.