Want to know the best Leonardo DiCaprio movies? How about the worst Leonardo DiCaprio movies? Curious about Leonardo DiCaprio’s box office grosses or which Leonardo DiCaprio movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Leonardo DiCaprio movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Leonardo DiCaprio has come a long way since his stint on the television series Growing Pains. He started out his movie career playing troubled teenagers in films like This Boy’s Life and The Basketball Diaries. After the success of Romeo and Juliet, Leonardo landed his biggest role…playing Jack Dawson in Titanic. Titanic went on to win a Best Picture Oscar® and is the 2nd highest grossing movie of all-time when looking at domestic box office gross.
Since Titanic he has been one of the most consistent actors working today as most of his films garner critical acclaim and box office success. DiCaprio has been nominated for 4 Oscars®. His first Oscar® nomination was almost 20 years ago as he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in 1993’s What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. He picked up Best Actor nominations in 2004’s The Aviator and 2006’s Blood Diamond. His most recent nomination was for Best Supporting Actor in Djanjo Unchained. On the Golden Globe® side of nominations…he has picked up 10 nominations over the years….winning for 2004’s The Aviator and 2013’s The Wolf of Wall Street.
His IMDb page shows 36 acting credits from 1989-2016. This page will rank 25 Leonardo DiCaprio movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in theaters were not included in the rankings.
Leonardo DiCaprio Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Leonardo DiCaprio movies by co-stars of his movies.
- Sort Leonardo DiCaprio movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Leonardo DiCaprio movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Leonardo DiCaprio movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Leonardo DiCaprio movie received.
- Sort Leonardo DiCaprio movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the sort and search buttons to make this a very interactive table.
- *** = Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar® nominated performance
|Rank||Movie (Year)||Co-Stars||Adjusted Box Office Domestic (mils.)||Adjusted Box Office Worldwide (mils.)||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|The Revenant (2015) ***||Tom Hardy||$168.20||$383.25||82.0%||12 / 03||83.12|
|Inception (2010)||Michael Caine & Directed by Christopher Nolan||$312.60||$881.80||88.0%||08 / 04||80.84|
|Titanic (1997)||Kate Winslet & Directed by James Cameron||$1103.40||$3909.80||77.0%||14 / 11||80.44|
|The Departed (2006)||Jack Nicholson & Matt Damon||$169.60||$370.90||89.0%||05 / 04||78.92|
|The Aviator (2004) ***||Cate Blanchett & Directed by Martin Scorsese||$139.30||$290.00||81.5%||11 / 05||76.95|
|Django Unchained (2012) ***||Jamie Foxx & Directed by Quentin Tarantino||$172.40||$448.50||88.0%||05 / 02||75.05|
|Catch Me if You Can (2002)||Tom Hanks & Directed by Steven Spielberg||$239.30||$511.70||87.0%||02 / 00||73.44|
|The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) ***||Jonah Hill & Directed by Martin Scorsese||$121.20||$406.30||82.0%||05 / 00||68.80|
|The Great Gatsby (2013)||Tobey Maguire & Carey Mulligan||$150.20||$364.20||61.0%||02 / 00||59.50|
|Gangs of New York (2002)||Cameron Diaz & Directed by Martin Scorsese||$113.10||$281.60||74.5%||10 / 00||59.11|
|Shutter Island (2010)||Mark Ruffalo & Directed by Martin Scorsese||$136.80||$314.50||74.5%||00 / 00||56.54|
|Blood Diamond (2006) ***||Jennifer Connelly & Djimon Hounsou||$73.50||$219.10||71.0%||05 / 00||52.34|
|What's Eating Gilbert Grape (1993) ***||Johnny Depp & Juliette Lewis||$20.40||$20.40||83.0%||01 / 00||48.3|
|Romeo and Juliet (1996)||Claire Danes & John Leguizamo||$88.40||$281.50||69.0%||01 / 00||47.09|
|Revolutionary Road (2008)||Kate Winslet & Michael Shannon||$26.90||$88.50||71.5%||03 / 00||40.78|
|Marvin's Room (1996)||Robert DeNiro & Meryl Streep||$24.40||$37.90||76.0%||01 / 00||39.89|
|The Man in the Iron Mask (1998)||Jeremy Irons & John Malkovich||$102.40||$328.80||46.5%||00 / 00||37.72|
|Body of Lies (2008)||Russell Crowe & Directed by Ridley Scott||$46.30||$134.90||62.0%||00 / 00||36.41|
|This Boy's Life (1993)||Robert DeNiro & Chris Cooper||$8.40||$8.40||74.0%||00 / 00||36.14|
|J. Edgar (2011)||Naomi Watts & Directed by Clint Eastwood||$39.70||$90.20||56.5%||00 / 00||33.97|
|The Quick and the Dead (1995)||Russell Crowe & Gene Hackman||$36.10||$90.20||58.3%||00 / 00||33.34|
|The Beach (2000)||Tilda Swinton & Daniel York||$62.20||$225.10||41.0%||00 / 00||29.10|
|Basketball Diaries (1995)||Mark Wahlberg & Bruno Kirby||$4.60||$4.60||58.5%||00 / 00||28.24|
|Celebrity (1998)||Charlize Theron & Directed by Woody Allen||$9.10||$11.00||51.5%||00 / 00||25.66|
|Total Eclipse (1995)||David Thewlis & Romane Bohringer||$.70||$.80||44.0%||00 / 00||20.80|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Leonardo DiCaprio Table
- Twelve Leonardo DiCaprio movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 48.00% of his movies listed. Titanic (1997) is his biggest box office hit domestically and worldwide.
- An average Leonardo DiCaprio movie grosses $134.60 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 18 of Leonardo DiCaprio’s movies are rated as good movies…or 72.00% of his movies. The Departed (2006)is his highest rated movie while The Beach (2000) was his lowest rated movie.
- Fifteen Leonardo DiCaprio movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 60.00% of his movies.
- Six Leonardo DiCaprio movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 20.83% of his movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings(UMR) Score is 40.00. 15 Leonardo DiCaprio movies scored higher than that average….or 60.00% of his movies. The Revenant (2010) got the the highest UMR Score while Total Eclipse (1995) got the lowest UMR Score.
Check out Leonardo DiCaprio’s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
[hits] Page Views
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.