Want to know the best Leslie Caron movies? How about the worst Leslie Caron movies? Curious about Leslie Caron box office grosses or which Leslie Caron movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Leslie Caron movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Leslie Caron (1931-) is a French 2-time Oscar® nominated actress, singer and dancer. Her IMDb page shows 71 acting credits from 1951-2017. This page will rank 30 Leslie Caron movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Movies not released in North American theaters, cameos, shorts and uncredited roles were not included in the rankings. This page was a request by Dyan. One of my all-time favorite movies is Father Goose….which of course stars Caron and the legend, Mr. Cary Grant.
Leslie Caron Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Leslie Caron films by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Leslie Caron films by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Leslie Caron films by yearly domestic box office rank
- Sort Leslie Caron films by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Leslie Caron film received.
- Sort Leslie Caron films by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|1||An American in Paris (1951)
AA Best Picture Win
|Gene Kelly||12.00||215.9||381.50||7||77||08 / 06||99.7|
AA Best Picture Win
|Louis Jourdan &
Directed by Vincent Minnelli
|20.90||312.7||449.40||4||68||09 / 09||99.3|
AA Best Picture Nom
|Charles Boyer||12.10||147.1||233.70||15||69||05 / 00||93.9|
|4||Father Goose (1964)||Cary Grant||17.10||163.6||163.60||8||77||03 / 01||93.4|
AA Best Picture Nom
|Juliette Binoche &
|71.50||119.0||254.10||32||73||05 / 00||93.1|
AA Best Actress Nom
|Mel Ferrer||6.70||100.1||244.30||39||80||06 / 01||88.3|
|7||Daddy Long Legs (1955)||Fred Astaire||7.10||123.2||199.60||39||67||03 / 00||84.1|
|8||The L-Shaped Room (1963)
AA Best Actress Nom
|Tom Bell||2.90||29.8||29.80||62||79||01 / 00||70.3|
|9||The Glass Slipper (1955)||Keenan Wynn||3.90||67.2||145.50||82||67||00 / 00||69.8|
|10||The Man Who Loved Women (1977)||Directed by François Truffaut||2.70||10.9||10.90||69||78||00 / 00||60.5|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Leslie Caron Table
- Six Leslie Caron movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 35.00% of her movies listed. Her biggest hit was Gigi (1958).
- An average Leslie Caron movie grosses an average of $51.80 million in adjusted domestic gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 16 Leslie Caron movies are rated as good movies…or 53.33% of her movies. Lili (1953) was her highest rated movie while Chandler (1971) was her lowest rated movie.
- Thirteen Leslie Caron movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 40.00% of her movies.
- Five Leslie Caron movie won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 16.66% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 9 Leslie Caron movies scored higher than that average….or 30.00% of her movies. An American in Paris (1951) got the the highest UMR Score while Chandler (1971) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Leslie Caron
- Leslie Claire Margaret Caron was born in Boulogne-sur-Seine, Seine in 1931.
2. Leslie Caron’s mom was a dancer and her dad was a chemist. Caron’s brother followed their dad’s footprint and became a chemist while Caron followed her mom’s footprint and became a ballerina.
3. When Cyd Charisse became pregnant and could not be in 1951’s An American In Paris, Gene Kelly needed a new leading lady. Kelly discovered Caron in the Roland Petit company “Ballet des Champs Elysée” and cast her in a leading role of the soon to be Oscar® winning movie.
4. Leslie Caron was one of the few actresses to have danced with both Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly in the movies, other actresses that have also done this includes Judy Garland, Cyd Charisse, Vera-Ellen, Debbie Reynolds and Rita Hayworth. We now have UMR pages on everybody but Vera-Ellen.
5. Leslie Caron Is one of 13 French actresses to have received an Academy Award® nomination. The others in chronological order are: Claudette Colbert, Colette Marchand, Simone Signoret, Anouk Aimée, Isabelle Adjani, Marie-Christine Barrault, Catherine Deneuve, Juliette Binoche, Marion Cotillard, Bérénice Bejo, Emmanuelle Riva and Isabelle Huppert.
6. Leslie Caron received 2 Best Actress Oscar® nominations (1958’s Gigi and 1962’s The L-Shaped Room) and 3 Best Actress Golden Globe® nominations (1958’s Gigi, 1961’s Fanny and 1962’s The L-Shaped Room). She won the Golden Globe® for The L-Shaped Room.
7. Leslie Caron has been married three times. She has two children. She acted with her daughter, Jennifer Caron Hall, in two episodes of The Love Boat.
8. Leslie Caron’s movies from 1950 to 1959 earned $945 million in adjusted domestic gross. That puts her in 95th place when looking at all the stars of that decade. 1950’s Top Box Office Stars.
9. Leslie Caron’s movies from 1960 to 1969 earned $422 million in adjusted domestic gross. That puts her in 120th place when looking at all the stars of that decade. 1960’s Top Box Office Stars.
10. Check out Leslie Caron’s movie career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
But Wait….We Have More Leslie Caron Stats….Worldwide Adjusted Box Office Grosses
- Gigi (1958) $421.90 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- An American in Paris (1951) $358.90 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Chocolat (2000) $239.10 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Lili (1953) $230.10 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Fanny (1961) $220.20 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Daddy Long Legs (1955) $187.80 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- The Glass Slipper (1955) $139.80 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- The Story of Three Loves (1953) $135.70 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Gaby (1956) $61.10 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- The Man with the Cloak (1951) $36.20 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Guns of Darkness (1962) $32.50 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- The Doctor’s Dilemma (1958) $29.30 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- The Subterraneans (1960) $26.90 million in adjusted worldwide gross
- Glory Alley (1952) $26.60 million in adjusted worldwide gross
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
695 total views, 0 views today