Want to know the best Milla Jovovich movies? How about the worst Milla Jovovich movies? Curious about Milla Jovovich’s box office grosses or which Milla Jovovich movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Milla Jovovich movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
This Milla Jovovich (1975-) page was requested by SteveLensman. Steve has read and commented on every movie page we have ever written. The time and energy Steve has spent on our movie pages over the last four years is greatly appreciated. Steve also produces quality movie pages and videos as well. His most recent projects are his Top Ten You Tube Videos…those videos are worth checking out…..but enough about Steve. Have to admit that I was rooting for one particular Milla movie to be in the Top Spot in our rankings. Happy to report that The Fifth Element (1997) was easily the highest rated movie according to our rating equation. No matter how many Resident Evil movies she makes, Milla Jovovich, will always be Leeloo Minai Lekarariba-Laminai-Tchai Ekbat De Sebat or as Bruce Willis calls her in The Fifth Element…..Leeloo to me.
Her IMDb page shows 44 acting credits from 1988-2017. This page will rank 26 Milla Jovovich movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in North American theaters were not included in the rankings. To do well in our rankings a movie has to do well at the box office, get good reviews by critics, be liked by audiences and get some award recognition.
Milla Jovovich Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost.
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by worldwide box office rank by year
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Milla Jovovich movie received.
- Sort Milla Jovovich movies by Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the search and sort buttons to make this table very interactive
|Rank||Movie (Year)||Co-Stars||Adjusted B.O. Domestic (mils.)||Adjusted B.O. WorldWide (mils.)||WorldWide Box Office Rank By Year||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|Fifth Element (1997)||Bruce Willis & Gary Oldman||$117.20||$484.70||9th of 1997||73.5%||01 / 00||53.52|
|Dazed and Confused (1993)||Ben Afleck & Matthew McConaughey||$16.30||$16.30||121st of 1993||86.0%||00 / 00||42.94|
|He Got Game (1998)||Denzel Washington||$38.80||$38.80||100th of 1998||74.0%||00 / 00||41.60|
|Zoolander (2001)||Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson||$67.40||$91.00||67th of 2001||63.5%||00 / 00||40.45|
|Chaplin (1992)||Robert Downey Jr.||$19.30||$19.40||102nd of 1992||67.0%||03 / 00||35.73|
|Resident Evil (2002)||Michelle Rodriguez||$58.30||$148.40||50th of 2002||50.0%||00 / 00||32.74|
|Dummy (2003)||Adrien Brody & Vera Farmiga||$0.10||$0.10||346th of 2003||69.0%||00 / 00||32.47|
|A Perfect Getaway (2009)||Chris Hemsworth & Steve Zahn||$17.40||$26.10||137th of 2009||63.0%||00 / 00||32.36|
|Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2016) After 1st weekend||Iain Glen||$12.50||$82.50||Too Soon For Ranking||63.5%||00 / 00||31.78|
|Resident Evil: Retribution (2012)||Michelle Rodriguez||$44.80||$254.60||32nd of 2012||49.5%||00 / 00||30.98|
|Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)||Jared Harris||$69.50||$175.30||42nd of 2004||41.5%||00 / 00||30.92|
|Resident Evil: Extinction (2007)||Ali Larter||$62.10||$181.30||39th of 2007||42.5%||00 / 00||30.29|
|The Claim (2000)||Sarah Polley||$1.00||$1.00||239th of 2000||63.5%||00 / 00||30.02|
|Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010)||Ali Larter||$64.20||$316.20||22nd of 2010||41.0%||00 / 00||29.90|
|Kuffs (1992)||Christian Slater & Ashley Judd||$42.90||$43.00||69th of 1992||41.5%||00 / 00||26.14|
|The Messenger: The Story of Joan of Arc (1999)||Dustin Hoffman||$23.80||$111.30||56th of 1999||46.5%||00 / 00||25.68|
|Stone (2010)||Robert DeNiro & Edward Norton||$1.90||$10.10||204th of 2010||52.5%||00 / 00||24.96|
|Zoolander 2 (2016)||Ben Stiller & Will Ferrell||$28.80||$55.80||89th of 2016||43.0%||00 / 00||24.78|
|The Three Musketeers (2011)||Orlando Bloom||$21.70||$140.80||60th of 2011||42.5%||00 / 00||23.48|
|The Fourth Kind (2009)||Elias Koteas & Will Patton||$28.60||$54.00||115th of 2009||39.0%||00 / 00||22.87|
|Dirty Girl (2011)||Juno Temple & William H. Macy||$0.14||$0.14||370th of 2011||46.0%||00 / 00||21.66|
|The Million Dollar Hotel (2001)||Mel Gibson||$0.16||$9.50||150th of 2001||40.5%||00 / 00||19.08|
|Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991)||Brian Krause||$5.60||$5.90||139th of 1991||37.0%||00 / 00||18.29|
|No Good Deed (2003)||Samuel L. Jackson||$0.30||$0.30||295th of 2003||37.5%||00 / 00||17.69|
|Ultraviolet (2006)||William Fichtner||$23.70||$39.60||116th of 2006||26.5%||00 / 00||16.27|
|Bringing Up Bobby (2012)||Bill Pullman||$0.01||$0.01||513th of 2012||34.0%||00 / 00||15.99|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Milla Jovovich Table
- One Milla Jovovich movie crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 4.00% of her movies listed. The Fifth Element (1997) is her biggest box office hit.
- An average Milla Jovovich movie grosses $30.20 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 8 of Milla Jovovich’s movies are rated as good movies…or 32.00% of her movies. Dazed and Confused (1993) is her highest rated movie while Ultraviolet (2006) is her lowest rated movie.
- Two Milla Jovovich movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 8.00% of her movies.
- Zero Milla Jovovich movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 0.00% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score is 40.00. 4 Milla Jovovich movie scored higher that average….or 16.00% of her movies. The Fifth Element (1997) got the the highest UMR Score while Bringing Up Bobby (2012) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Milla Jovovich
1. Milica Jovovich was born in the Soviet Union in 1975. She immigrated with her parents to the United States when she was five.
2. Milla Jovovich’s rise to stardom….Cliff Notes Style. Starting modeling at the age of 12. Got first acting roles at the age of 13. At 15 she was the lead actress in Return to the Blue Lagoon. In 1997 she appeared in The Fifth Element….and in 2002 she appeared in her first Resident Evil movie.
3. Milla Jovovich the model. She has appeared on the cover of over 100 magazines. At the age of 11, and was featured in Revlon’s “Most Unforgettable Women in the World” advertisements
4. Milla Jovovich the singer. She has released one album…1994’s The Divine Comedy. She toured to promote the album….opening for Toad the Wet Sprocket and Crash Test Dummies.
5. Milla Jovovich the philanthropist. She has served as Master of Ceremonies and co-chaired with Elizabeth Taylor for the amfAR and Cinema Against AIDS event at the Venice Film Festival, and has been heavily involved with The Ovarian Cancer Research Fund, as well as The Wildlands Project.
6. Milla Jovovich and her Resident Evil movies. Her 5 Resident Evil movies have grossed over 1 BILLION in worldwide adjusted box office dollars. Part 6…Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (unless it makes a boatload of money) will be in theaters in January of 2017.
7. Milla Jovovich has been married two times. Her first marriage was to the director of The Fifth Element…I can easily see how Luc Besson fell in love with Leeloo too! Her second and current marriage is to director Paul W.S. Anderson….they have two children.
8. Roles Milla Jovovich turned down or was seriously considered for: Liv Tyler part in Armageddon, Kate Hudson role in Almost Famous, Angelina Jolie part in Tomb Raider, Kate Winslet role in Titanic, Cameron Diaz role in Charlie’s Angels and Kirsten Dunst role in Spider-Man.
9. Gotta include some Fifth Element trivia. The language spoken by Leeloo was invented by director Luc Besson and further refined by Milla Jovovich, who had little trouble learning and developing it, as she was already fluent in 4 languages. By the end of filming they were able to have full conversations in this language.
10. Check out Milla Jovovich‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
And finally…here is one of Steve Lensman’s Top Ten Videos…Milla Jovovich’s Top Ten Box Office Hits.
[hits] Page Views
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.
Up next? Mr. Walter Matthau.