Want to know the best Tim Conway movies? How about the worst Tim Conway movies? Curious about Tim Conway box office grosses or which Tim Conway movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Tim Conway movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Tim Conway (1933-) is an American actor, writer and producer. Although primarily known for his television work, he has managed to star in motion pictures for the last 53 years. His IMDb page shows 124 acting credits from 1960 to 2017. This page will rank 19 Tim Conway movies. Conway’s many television roles, shorts and movies not released in North American theaters were not included in the rankings.
Drivel part of the page: Tim Conway? Really? I can hear Steve Lensman all the way from across the big pond that separates us asking those questions. Well…if you had asked little Cogerson in the 1970s who were the biggest stars in Hollywood….he would have answered John Wayne and…drumroll…..Tim Conway. I thought Tim Conway was the funniest man on the planet….heck based on the power of Conway…for years I was convinced Gus (you know….the kicking mule football player Disney film) was the greatest movie ever made. Even now when I see him on television, in a You Tube video or in an old movie….a smile develops on my face. So even if this page only entertains me…..going to give Mr. Tim Conway some UMR love.
Tim Conway Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Tim Conway movies by co-stars of his movies
- Sort Tim Conway movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Tim Conway movies by yearly domestic box office rank
- Sort Tim Conway movies how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Tim Conway movie received.
- Sort Tim Conway movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|Rank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Box Office Rank by Year||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|Apple Dumpling Gang, The (1975)||Don Knotts||$206.60||11th of 1975||61.50%||00 / 00||59.90|
|SpongeBob Movie:Sponge Out of Water|
Sponge Out of Water, The (2015)
|Antonio Banderas||$163.00||18th of 2015||70.00%||00 / 00||58.35|
|World's Greatest Athlete, The (1973)||John Amos & Jan-Michael Vincent||$159.90||9th of 1973||51.50%||00 / 00||48.98|
|Private Eyes, The (1980)||Don Knotts||$58.40||73rd of 1980||77.00%||00 / 00||45.24|
|Shaggy D.A, (1976)||Dean Jones||$126.50||17th of 1976||54.50%||00 / 00||45.23|
|Apple Dumpling Gang Rides Again, The (1979)||Don Knotts||$83.70||39th of 1979||59.00%||00 / 00||40.70|
|Gus (1976)||Don Knotts & Ed Asner||$86.60||33rd of 1976||53.00%||00 / 00||38.33|
|McHale's Navy (1964)||Ernest Borgnine||$38.40||58th of 1964||67.00%||00 / 00||37.44|
|McHale's Navy Joins The Air Force (1965)||Joe Flynn||$33.50||57th of 1965||62.00%||00 / 00||34.33|
|Prize Fighter, The (1979)||Don Knotts||$26.50||72nd of 1979||62.00%||00 / 00||33.25|
|Longshot, The (1986)||Harvey Korman||$.60||246th of 1986||57.00%||00 / 00||26.88|
|Cannonball Run II (1984)||Burt Reynolds & Dean Martin||$70.40||32nd of 1984||30.50%||00 / 00||25.25|
|Billion Dollar Hobo, The (1977)||Al Stellone||$9.20||120th of 1978||49.50%||00 / 00||24.69|
|Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)||Sandra Bullock||$89.30||39th of 1997||18.00%||00 / 00||22.86|
|Dear God (1996)||Directed by Garry Marshall||$13.60||138th of 1996||42.00%||00 / 00||21.90|
|View From The Swing, The (2000)||Todd Andrew Bryant||$0.20||564th of 2000||42.00%||00 / 00||19.77|
|They Went That-A-Way & That-A-Way (1978)||Chuck McCann||$8.00||91st of 1979||38.50%||00 / 00||19.34|
|Chip & Bernie's Zomance (2015)||Marc Robert||$0.10||612th of 2015||30.00%||00 / 00||14.12|
|Air Bud: Golden Receiver (1998)||Kevin Zegers||$18.40||126th of 1998||23.00%||00 / 00||13.66|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Tim Conway Table
- Four Tim Conway movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 21.05% of his movies listed. The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975) was his biggest box office hit.
- An average Tim Conway movie grosses $62.80 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 6 of Tim Conway movies are rated as good movies…or 31.57% of his movies. The Private Eyes (1980) was his highest rated movie while Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997) was his lowest rated movie.
- Zero Tim Conway movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 0.00% of his movies.
- Zero Tim Conway movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 0.00% of his movies.
- An good Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score is 40.00. 6 Tim Conway movie scored higher that average….or 31.57% of his movies. The Apple Dumpling Gang (1975) got the the highest UMR Score while Air Bud: Golden Receiver (1998) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Tim Conway
- Thomas Daniel Conway was born in Willoughby, Ohio in 1933. First name was changed to Tim to avoid confusion with actor Tom Conway.
2. Tim Conway was discovered by Rose Marie and arranged for him to audition for The Steve Allen Plymouth Show. Conway got the part and never looked back. Rose Marie was famous for her role on the Dick Van Dyke Show.
3. Tim Conway gained a national following from his role as the bumbling, naive Ensign Charles Parker, in the 1960s sitcom McHale’s Navy. His Parker role was created as the “Barney Fife”
4. Tim Conway’s Ensign Parker role has many similarities with Don Knotts’ “Barney Fife” character on the Andy Griffith Show. Both were inept sidekicks who are constantly creating problems for Sheriff Taylor or for McHale. For the record Barney made his debut in 1960 while Ensign Parker made his debut in 1962.
5. Speaking of Don Knotts…..Tim Conway and Don Knotts appeared in 5 movies together….that represents over 25% of Conway’s movies.
6. Tim Conway has been nominated for 12 Emmy® Awards. He has won 5 times. He also has two Golden Globe® nominations….winning once. All of these nominations were for his television roles.
7. Tim Conway was named a Disney Legend in 2004.
8. Tim Conway’s car license plate reads “13 WKS”, a reference to the fact that all of his solo television projects have been cancelled after 13 weeks.
9. Tim Conway has been married two times. He has seven children.
10. Check out Tim Conway’s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
If you do a comment….please ignore the email address and website section.