Want to know the best Sonja Henie movies? How about the worst Sonja Henie movies? Curious about Sonja Henie box office grosses or which Sonja Henie movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Sonja Henie movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
Sonja Henie (1912-1969) was a 3-time Norwegian Olympic Champion figure skater. After her skating career she turned her attention to Hollywood. She very quickly became one the most popular stars working. Quigley Publications’ annual survey of Top Box Office stars listed her in the Top 10 three times. She was the 8th biggest star in 1937, 3rd biggest in 1938 and 10th in 1939. Her IMDb page shows 13 acting credits from 1927-1949. This page will rank 11 Sonja Henie movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information.
Sonja Henie Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Sonja Henie films by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Sonja Henie films by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Sonja Henie films by yearly domestic box office rank
- Sort Sonja Henie films by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Sonja Henie film received.
- Sort Sonja Henie films by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
|Rank||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Box Office Rank by Year||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|Sun Valley Serenade (1941)||John Payne & Glenn Miller||$218.50||10th of 1941||77.50%||03 / 00||68.62|
|Happy Landing (1938)||Don Ameche||$249.80||7th of 1938||56.00%||00 / 00||57.32|
|Thin Ice (1937)||Tyrone Power||$168.60||17th of 1937||54.50%||01 / 00||52.15|
|Second Fiddle (1939)||Tyrone Power & Lyle Talbot||$144.50||34th of 1939||60.50%||01 / 00||51.24|
|My Lucky Star (1938)||Richard Greene||$218.60||11th of 1938||38.00%||00 / 00||48.86|
|Iceland (1942)||John Payne||$141.20||52nd of 1942||50.50%||00 / 00||45.63|
|One in a Million (1936)||Don Ameche||$146.10||25th of 1936||47.00%||00 / 00||44.74|
|It's a Pleasure (1945)||Marie McDonald||$138.40||50th of 1945||46.00%||00 / 00||43.07|
|Everything Happens At Night (1939)||Ray Milland||$83.80||77th of 1939||61.50%||00 / 00||41.89|
|Wintertime (1943)||Jack Oakie||$88.30||88th of 1943||52.50%||00 / 00||38.36|
|Countess of Monte Cristo, The (1949)||Olga San Juan||$33.90||129th of 1949||52.00%||00 / 00||29.69|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Sonja Henie Table
- Eight Sonja Henie movies crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 72.72% of her movies listed. Happy Landing (1938)was her biggest box office hit.
- An average Sonja Henie movie grosses $148.30 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 3 Sonja Henie movies are rated as good movies…or 27.27% of her movies. Sun Valley Serenade (1941) was her highest rated movie while My Lucky Star (1938) was her lowest rated movie.
- Three Sonja Henie movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 27.27% of her movies.
- Zero Sonja Henie movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 0.00% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 9 Sonja Henie movies scored higher than that average….or 81.81% of her movies. Sun Valley Serenade (1941) got the the highest UMR Score while The Countess of Monte Cristo (1949) got the lowest UMR Score.