Want to know the best Pixar Movies and DreamWorks movies? How about the worst Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies? Curious about Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies box office grosses or which Pixar Movie and DreamWorks Movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies got the best reviews from critics and audiences and which one got the worst reviews? Well you have come to the right place …. because we have all of that information and much more.
Over the last 20 years Pixar and DreamWorks have been the leaders in computer animated movies. Pixar started the whole computer animated movie business with their ground breaking movie 1995’s Toy Story. Since 1995 they have released 16 movies and they all have been hits and almost all of them were critical hits as well. DreamWorks entered computer animated movie business with 1998’s Antz. Since 1998 they have released 25 computer animated movies.
On the critical side of things, they have played second fiddle to Pixar, but they have done much better on the box office side of things. Their Shrek series is one of the biggest box franchises ever. Shrek 2 is the highest grossing animated movie ever when looking at adjusted for inflation box office numbers. This page will rank 46 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information.
Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies Can Be Ranked 7 Ways In The Table Below
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies by which company produced the movie and the voice star of the movie
- Sort Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies by adjusted worldwide box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies by critic reviews and audiences voting. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Pixar Movie and DreamWorks Movie received.
- Sort Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies by Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score. The ceiling to earn points for box office is $200 million…once a movie passes that mark it stops earning points in that category.
- You can use the search and sort buttons to make this table very interactive.
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review %||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|1||Toy Story 3 (2010)
AA Best Picture Nom
|415.00||455.0||1,165.6||1||94||05 / 02||99.6|
AA Best Picture Nom
|293.00||337.9||843.5||6||93||05 / 02||99.2|
|9||Toy Story 2 (1999)||Pixar &
|245.90||420.3||829.1||3||93||01 / 00||98.5|
|3||The Incredibles (2004)||Pixar &
Samuel L. Jackson
|261.40||364.2||879.5||5||93||04 / 02||98.5|
|5||Finding Nemo (2003)||Pixar &
|339.70||487.3||1,263.2||2||93||04 / 01||98.5|
|6||Toy Story (1995)||Pixar &
|191.80||381.4||719.8||1||94||03 / 00||98.4|
|4||WALL·E (2008)||Pixar &
|223.80||269.6||628.0||5||94||06 / 01||98.3|
|7||Ratatouille (2007)||Pixar &
|206.40||259.6||784.2||13||92||05 / 01||98.2|
|10||Shrek (2001)||DreamWorks &
|267.70||409.8||741.6||3||88||02 / 01||98.0|
|8||Inside Out (2015)||Pixar &
|356.50||365.8||880.0||4||95||02 / 01||98.0|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies Table
1. 41 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies have crossed the magical $100 million mark. That is a percentage of 89.13% of the Disney Animated movies listed. Shrek 2 (2004) is the biggest box office hit when looking at domestic box office grosses.
2. An average Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies grosses $250.80 million in adjusted domestic box office gross.
3. Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 41 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies are rated as good movies…or 89.13% of movies listed. Inside Out (2015) is the highest rated movie while Shark Tale (2004) is the lowest rated movie.
4. 23 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 50.00% of the movies listed.
5. 11 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 23.91% of her movies.
6. An average Ultimate Movie Rankings (UMR) Score is 40.00. 46 Pixar Movies and DreamWorks Movies scored higher that average….or 100.00% movies listed. Toy Story 3 (2010) got the the highest UMR Score while Turbo (2013) got the lowest UMR Score.
Pixar Computer Animated Movies vs DreamWorks Animated Movies: A Head to Head matchup.
- Column One is the Company That Produced the Movies
- Column Two is How Many Movies The Company Produced
- Column Three is How Many Movies Opened #1 At The Box Office
- Column Four is Average Adjusted Domestic Gross Per Movie
- Column Five is Average Adjusted Worldwide Gross Per Movie
- Column Six is Average Critic/Audience Rating Per Movie
- Column Seven is Total Number of Oscar® Nominations an Oscar® Wins per company.
- Column Eight is Average Ultimate Movie Rankings Score Per Movie
|Company||Movies||Number 1 Openings||Domestic Box Office||Worldwide Box Office||Critic Audience Rating||Oscar Noms / Wins||Ultimate Movie Ranking Score|
|Pixar||18||16||$319.70||$632.90||83.40%||43 / 12||71.82|
|DreamWorks||28||18||$209.09||$570.10||72.40%||13 / 02||60.31|
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences.
[hits] Page Views
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.