Want to know the best Debbie Reynolds movies? How about the worst Debbie Reynolds movies? Curious about Debbie Reynolds box office grosses or which Debbie Reynolds movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Debbie Reynolds movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
The Drivel Part of the page. A few years ago, my wife requested a Debbie Reynolds (1932-2016) movie ranking page. For some unknown reason, especially since she has done so many things to make this website better and easier to maintain, I have failed to follow through with that request. Well last night, I told my lovely wife that I was finally ready to publish her Debbie Reynolds page. I then asked her for the first time why she wanted a Reynolds page. Her response….”Because she has a cool first name”. In case you could not guess it….my wife’s name is Debbie. So for my Debbie….here is finally a Debbie Reynolds movie page.
Her IMDb page shows 83 acting credits from 1948-2015. This page will rank 38 Debbie Reynolds movies from Best to Worst in seven different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in North American theaters were not included in the rankings. To do well in our rankings a movie has to do well at the box office, get good reviews by critics, be liked by audiences and get some award recognition.
Debbie Reynolds Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Debbie Reynolds movies by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Debbie Reynolds movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost
- Sort Debbie Reynolds movies by Box Office Rank By Year
- Sort Debbie Reynolds movies by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Debbie Reynolds movie received.
- Sort Debbie Reynolds movies by Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the sort and search box to make this table very interactive.
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|1||How the West Was Won (1962)
AA Best Picture Nom
|James Stewart &
|45.10||520.1||1,096.70||1||76||08 / 03||98.7|
|2||Singin' in the Rain (1952)||Gene Kelly &
|12.40||194.5||297.90||6||93||02 / 00||98.5|
|3||The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1964)
AA Best Actress Nom
|Harve Presnell &
Ed Begley Sr.
|17.30||158.8||158.80||7||68||06 / 00||91.9|
|4||Three Little Words (1950)||Fred Astaire &
|8.60||155.4||233.00||10||73||01 / 00||90.5|
|5||Tammy and the Bachelor (1957)||Walter Brennan &
|8.60||132.4||132.40||20||74||01 / 00||88.1|
|6||Pepe (1960)||Edward G. Robinson &
|13.70||171.9||227.30||13||55||07 / 00||87.7|
|7||The Tender Trap (1955)||Frank Sinatra||8.60||142.6||142.60||34||65||01 / 00||86.1|
|8||Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (2000)||Susan Sarandon||76.50||122.8||122.80||29||68||00 / 00||84.2|
|9||In & Out (1997)||Kevin Kline &
|63.90||120.3||120.30||23||67||01 / 00||83.7|
|10||The Rat Race (1960)||Tony Curtis &
|9.70||121.8||121.80||25||65||00 / 00||82.1|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Debbie Reynolds Table
- Fifteen Debbie Reynolds movie crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 39.47% of her movies listed. How the West Was Won (1963) is her biggest box office hit.
- An average Debbie Reynolds movie grosses $88.90 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 30 of Debbie Reynolds’s movies are rated as good movies…or 78.94% of her movies. Singin’ in the Rain (1952) is her highest rated movie while One For the Money (2011) is her lowest rated movie.
- Thirteen Debbie Reynolds movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 34.21% of her movies.
- One Debbie Reynolds movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 2.63% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score is 40.00. 23 Debbie Reynolds movie scored higher that average….or 60.52% of her movies. How the West Was Won (1963) got the the highest UMR Score while One For the Money (2011) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Debbie Reynolds
1. Mary Frances Reynolds was born in El Paso, Texas in 1932.
2. Debbie Reynolds was nominated for a Best Actress Oscar® nomination for The Unsinkable Molly Brown (1965). She received a Honorary Oscar in 2015.
3. Debbie Reynolds was nominated 4 times (movie roles only) for a Golden Globe®: 1950’s Three Little Words, 1956’s Bundle of Joy, 1965’s The Unsinkable Molly Brown and 1996’s Mother.
4. Debbie Reynolds has been married 3 times. Her first marriage was to Eddie Fisher from 1955 to 1959…they had two children. Her second marriage was to Harry Karl from 1960 to 1973. Her third marriage was to Richard Hamlett from 1984 to 1996.
5. Debbie Reynolds’ son, Todd, is a writer, director and actor. Her daughter, Carrie is also a writer and actress…she is best known for her role as Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. Her granddaughter, Billie Lourd, has a role in the television series The Scream Queens as well as a role in Star Wars 7.
6. Debbie Reynolds is one of the few actresses to have danced with both Fred Astaire and Gene Kelly on screen. Other actresses who have done this include: Judy Garland, Cyd Charisse, Vera-Ellen, Rita Hayworth and Leslie Caron.
7. My favorite behind the scenes story about her classic movie Singin’ In The Rain (1952). Gene Kelly has said…..”I wasn’t nice to Debbie. It’s a wonder she still speaks to me.” Once after Kelly insulted Reynolds for not being able to dance, Fred Astaire, who was hanging around the studio, found her crying under a piano and helped her with her dancing.
8. Debbie Reynolds is the president of The Thalians, an organization for the treatment of mental health at Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. She has been actively involved in building this celebrity run organization for over 30 years.
9. Nearly all the money Debbie Reynolds makes is spent toward her goal of creating a Hollywood museum. Her collection numbers more than 3000 costumes and 46,000 square-feet worth of props and equipment. That would be a musuem I would want to visit.
10. Check out Debbie Reynolds‘ career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences. Golden Globe® is a registered trademark.
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.
589 total views, 0 views today