Want to know the best Goldie Hawn movies? How about the worst Goldie Hawn movies? Curious about Goldie Hawn box office grosses or which Goldie Hawn movie picked up the most Oscar® nominations? Need to know which Goldie Hawn movie got the best reviews from critics and audiences? Well you have come to the right place….because we have all of that information.
When I was growing up Goldie Hawn (1945-) was one of the most popular actresses working. In 1972 and 1981 she made the list of Top Ten Box Office Stars. Hawn’s movies have grossed over $2 billion in adjusted domestic box office. I have very fond memories of seeing Foul Play (1978) in theaters. The theater was packed…the movie provided loud roars of laughter and had enough suspense to keep the audience on the edge of their sits. It was truly a great movie experience! We feel it was finally time to give her some Ultimate Movie Rankings love…..plus she was on our Request HotLine.
Her IMDb page shows 33 acting credits from 1967-2017. This page will rank 29 Goldie Hawn movies from Best to Worst in six different sortable columns of information. Television shows, shorts, cameos and movies that were not released in North American theaters were not included in the rankings. To do well in our rankings a movie has to do well at the box office, get good reviews by critics, be liked by audiences and get some award recognition.
Goldie Hawn Movies Can Be Ranked 6 Ways In This Table
The really cool thing about this table is that it is “user-sortable”. Rank the movies anyway you want.
- Sort Goldie Hawn movies by co-stars of her movies
- Sort Goldie Hawn movies by adjusted domestic box office grosses using current movie ticket cost (in millions)
- Sort Goldie Hawn movies by Box Office Rank By Year
- Sort Goldie Hawn movies by how they were received by critics and audiences. 60% rating or higher should indicate a good movie.
- Sort by how many Oscar® nominations and how many Oscar® wins each Goldie Hawn movie received.
- Sort Goldie Hawn movies by Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score. UMR Score puts box office, reviews and awards into a mathematical equation and gives each movie a score.
- Use the sort and search box to make this table very interactive.
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score|
|R||Movie (Year)||UMR Co-Star Links||Actual B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Domestic (mil)||Adj. B.O. Worldwide (mil)||B.O. Rank by Year||Review||Oscar Nom / Win||UMR Score||S|
|1||Cactus Flower (1969)
AA Best Supp Actress Win
|Walter Matthau &
|33.90||206.2||206.20||8||78||01 / 01||97.1|
|2||Shampoo (1975)||Warren Beatty &
|49.40||208.5||208.50||8||61||04 / 01||93.9|
|3||Private Benjamin (1980)
AA Best Actress Nom
|Eileen Brennan||69.80||232.4||232.40||8||65||03 / 00||93.3|
|4||Foul Play (1978)||Chevy Chase||45.00||166.3||166.30||10||69||01 / 00||91.5|
|5||The First Wives Club (1996)||Diane Keaton &
|105.50||206.4||206.40||11||59||01 / 00||90.9|
|6||Butterflies Are Free (1972)||Eileen Heckart &
|20.50||104.4||104.40||18||74||03 / 01||87.2|
|7||Seems Like Old Times (1980)||Chevy Chase &
|44.00||146.4||146.40||17||67||00 / 00||86.8|
|8||Death Becomes Her (1992)||Bruce Willis &
|58.40||121.8||310.60||24||55||01 / 01||78.3|
|9||Bird on a Wire (1990)||Mel Gibson||71.00||145.1||283.60||16||47||00 / 00||76.5|
|10||The Sugarland Express (1974)||Directed by Steven Spielberg||7.50||34.7||34.70||41||78||00 / 00||70.7|
Stats and Possibly Interesting Things From The Above Goldie Hawn Table
- Eleven Goldie Hawn movie crossed the magical $100 million domestic gross mark. That is a percentage of 39.29% of her movies listed. Private Benjamin (1980) is her biggest box office hit.
- An average Goldie Hawn movie grosses $84.90 million in adjusted box office gross.
- Using RottenTomatoes.com’s 60% fresh meter. 11 of Goldie Hawn’s movies are rated as good movies…or 39.28% of her movies. The Sugarland Express (1974) is her highest rated movie while Town & Country (2001) is her lowest rated movie.
- Nine Goldie Hawn movies received at least one Oscar® nomination in any category…..or 32.14% of her movies.
- Four Goldie Hawn movies won at least one Oscar® in any category…..or 14.28% of her movies.
- An average Ultimate Movie Ranking (UMR) Score is 39.86. 12 Goldie Hawn movie scored higher that average….or 42.85% of her movies. Cactus Flower (1969) got the the highest UMR Score while Town & Country (2001) got the lowest UMR Score.
Possibly Interesting Facts About Goldie Hawn
1. Goldie Jean Hawn was born in Washington D.C..
2. One of Goldie Hawn’s first big breaks was appearing on the popular television show…Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In. She was a regular on that show from 1968 to 1970.
3. Goldie Hawn has been nominated for two acting Oscars®. She won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar® for Cactus Flower (1969). She will receive a Best Actress Oscar® nomination for 1980’s Private Benjamin.
4. Goldie Hawn was nominated 8 times for a Golden Globe®: She won for Cactus Flower in 1969. Her other 7 nominations are for: 1972’s Butterflies Are Free, 1975’s Shampoo, 1976’s The Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox, 1978’s Foul Play, 1980’s Private Benjamin, 1982’s Best Friends and 2002’s The Banger Sisters.
5. Goldie Hawn has been married 2 times. Her first marriage was to Gus Trikonis from 1969 to 1976. Her second marriage was to Bill Hudson from 1976 to 1982. They had two children…..both actors. Oliver Hudson is most famous for his role on the television show Rules of Engagement while Kate Hudson is most famous for her role in Almost Famous.
6. Goldie Hawn has been in a long term relationship with Kurt Russell for over 30 years. They have one child together…Wyatt “22 Jump Street” Russell. Hawn and Russell have appeared in three movies together.
7. Goldie Hawn was classmates with Sylvester Stallone at Montgomery Blair High School in Silver Spring, Maryland.
8. Roles Goldie Hawn turned down or was seriously considered for: Kelly McGillis role in The Accused, Barbara Harris role in Alfred Hitchcock’s Family Plot, Cameron Diaz role in Gangs of New York, Meryl Streep role in Kramer vs Kramer, Jane Seymour role in the James Bond movie To Live and Let Die, Darryl Hannah role in Splash and Anjelica Huston role in Prizzi’s Honor.
9. Goldie Hawn feels her performance in 1974’s The Sugarland Express is the best she has ever put up on the silver screen. The Sugarland Express was directed by a young and upcoming director, Steven Spielberg.
10. Check out Goldie Hawn‘s career compared to current and classic actors. Most 100 Million Dollar Movies of All-Time.
Academy Award® and Oscar® are the registered trademarks of the Academy of Motion Arts and Sciences. Golden Globe® is a registered trademark.
For comments….all you need is a name and a comment….please ignore the rest.
457 total views, 0 views today